always Trendex is looking out for new and
innovative ways to utilize and recuperate your
computer investment. Since our last newsletter
many new developments have occurred. We are
constantly developing our software and having
new products brought to our attention by our
customers as well as third parties and feel it is
our duty to provide these services to all
again, Trendex realizes that you have
made an investment in your computer system
and we are there to allow you to use that
investment to become more organized, have
more information faster and run a more
efficient and profitable business.
is a brief overview of the latest
modifications and new programs:
- Gastrend Graphical Version: The new Gastrend Graphical is now available. Enjoy Windows functionality and access features using the mouse. The new graphical look of the menus and programs makes working with the Gastrend software even easier. Click on the screen below to view an example of one of the graphically redesigned programs.
New features available in Gastrend Graphical include:
- Print Preview: All reports can now be viewed on screen prior to printing. Complete invoice details can be viewed on screen (in the format of the form) and be faxed or emailed directly from server.
- Payment by two methods: Counter Sales invoices can now be paid by two payment methods (i.e.: part Cash & part Credit Card).
- Priced Quotes: Quotes are now completely priced with taxes, hazmat, transport charges, etc. and printed, faxed or emailed with all charges included. Customers will know the total price at the time of quotation.
- General Ledger: Any General Ledger account can be viewed with all transactions for an unlimited period of time.
- 4th Generation Routrend Mobile Delivery Software: With graphical easy-to-use touch screens and an integrated bar code scanner, order entry and cylinder tracking has never been this easy. This rugged mobile computer stays in constant communication with your office server, which means that data is stored right on your main server and file transfers are no longer required. Delivery notes are priced and all extra charges are automatically added at the time of entry, so they can be printed on a wireless printer in the truck and signed by the customer without delay.
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT): Allows you to create a file and email it to your bank so that vendors' invoices can be paid electronically. Therefore, you do not need to print and mail checks to your vendors. Your vendor is paid faster and you remove the paperwork involved.
- Truck Load Sheet: Lets your driver know what gases and hardgoods need to be loaded onto the truck for the route that he is about to deliver.
- Wyse Winterm C90LE: The Wyse Winterm C90LE allows users to safely access the Trendex Software on a PC. This thin computer is also very secure, with no viruses to worry about. Replace the old "Dumb Terminals" with the new Winterm thin client. This solution is ideal for users that do not need to access the internet or use any PC software such as Word or Excel, but need to access the Trendex server. It is also ideal for locations that are dirty, such as the warehouse, since the Wyse C90LE has no moving parts. The Wyse C90LE could work for up to ten years without any major maintenance, similar to "Dumb Terminals".
- Lot Number Control for Gases: This new option will allow you to track Medical Gases by Lot Number. A search can be done by Lot Number to find all the customers to whom a specific Lot Number was delivered.
- Receipt Printer: You can now print your counter sales invoices on a receipt printer on 3" roll paper in order to save money on preprinted business forms. The Gastrend software will allow you the option of printing to the preprinted 8.5" X 11" form or on the receipt printers.
following are enhancements made to
previous versions of Gastrend:
- Keep the
components of a Welding Machine in your main server: Users
may now enter the details of an inventory item with different components
and then view the components in the Product Inquiry or directly through
the order/invoice entry.
- Standard remarks
can be kept permanently in the system and printed on Delivery Notes
& Invoices: Inventory remarks per item. The user will no longer
have to retype for each item the product remarks. The system now allows
the users to enter up to 60 character remarks for each item. The user
may enter unlimited remarks per item and then have these remarks print
on the orders and/or the invoices.
- Add &
Remove an extra charge for a specific product or gas as required: Extra
charges per product and/or gas. The user may now code an extra charge
to be attached to a specific product and/or gas. If the product/gas
is entered on an order or invoice, the system will automatically charge
the amount entered. This amount can be charged per invoice or per product/gas
- Keep track
of those goods returned to your supplier until replacements or credit
notes are issued: Merchandise return option in the Purchase Order
Module. Users will be able to return merchandise to their suppliers
by indicating the RMA number and whether the item is returned for credit
or replacement. Inventory will be affected, the items will be removed
from inventory and a credit note will be updated to the Accounts Payable
- Charge cylinder
rent based on highest monthly balance: New cylinder rental option,
to bill the customers by the highest balance of a cylinder they had
in their possession during the month. The system will take this balance
and calculate the month end charge.
- Track cancelled
Delivery Notes: All cancelled orders in the system will be updated
to a new file and kept for reference purposes until the user decides
to remove them.
generate route Delivery Notes: Delivery Route Module. Users may
now enter the delivery route information per route, truck, ship to and
indicate the gases and products usually sold to a specific customer.
Once set up the user may print on a daily basis for the different routes
delivery notes that may be given to the drivers.
Printing: Cut down the size of
your reports in half by printing on both
sides of the page. If you have a laser
printer and a duplexing module, you can
now print on both sides of the page by
selecting the Duplex Printing option
at the time of printing the report.
Laser Forms: Now the Laser Forms
Module allows you to print all your forms
(i.e.: Gas/Product Invoice, Cylinder Rental
Invoice, Yearly Lease Invoice or Customer
Statement) with vibrant color. You can also
select the color for each form.
Credit Control: The system will verify
the customer's credit status not only in the
counter sales and order/invoice entry but also
after each journal update (AR Posting Update,
Cash Receipts Update, Sales Journal Update,
Counter Sales Update, Cylinder Rental/Lease
Update and Machine Rental Update)
The updates will verify the accounts
of every customer in the system and then
set them on Credit Hold if they are over
their Credit Limit or over the number
of Aging days specified.
Sales Analysis Report: A quick
one-page report with the total gas sales
amount with cost, profit margin and percent.
The total hard goods sales amount with
cost and profit amount and percent. The total
liquid cylinders and total other cylinders
a company has with charged cylinders on rent,
the rental income, the average monthly
rental rate and the average monthly
rental rate charged. The report will also
print the total cylinders on lease, the total
leased months, the total lease income,
the average monthly lease rate and the
average annual lease rate. The report will
further detail the extra charges for the period,
and then the total monthly sales.
Code Labels: The Toshiba TEC label printer
will print labels & bar codes extremely fast.
Labels can be printed automatically from
the Order Entry or a stand-alone program.
Cylinder Control: Now you can know
the amount a customer is being charged
for each cylinder as well as the last delivery
date of the cylinder being charged. Now
you can know if a customer is holding onto
your cylinder assets. Getting an empty cylinder
back means you can turn over a full
Payable Checks (Cash Disbursement):
The Cash Disbursement program
will allow you to pay the oldest invoices,
pay or partially pay specific invoices,
pay invoices to a specific due date.
You may also go back and modify
or void a check. The system will keep track
of all voided checks.
Recurring invoices can be set up for
Therefore, your rent check can be set up
to automatically generate each month.
Look up Supplier's paid invoices by
supplier number, invoice number,
preprinted control number or computer
generated check number.
Selling Prices based on Markup from Cost:
specific customer can have selling prices for
all products based on a markup percent from cost.
This selling price will always use the last Average
or Standard Cost automatically calculated
to calculate the Selling Price. The percentage
of markup can be indicated per customer.
Delivery Slip by Warehouse Location.
This will allow you to pick the goods faster
since the goods in Aisle 1 are printed
before Aisle 2.
Serialized Inventory Module for
products has been made more efficient.
The system will automatically update the
Serialized Products which have warranties
to the Warranty Control Module for Warranty
tracking. Therefore, when a customer brings
back a Welding Machine or Drill for repair,
you can find the product by Serial Number
and know if the warranty is still in effect or
- Cash Drawer: Cash Drawer is integrated with the Counter Sales module to only open the drawer when a cash sale is made. For other sales the counter person can insert the credit card slip or check without opening the drawer. This limits the access to the Cash Drawer.
- Gas Filling: Filling cylinders with Trendex couldn't be simpler. You can now track the number of filled cylinders and track the volume of gas in your bulk tank. Along with this, Gastrend automatically calculates the cost of filling each cylinder (including gas and labour cost).
- Purchasing & Selling Units of Measure can be different: Now the system will allow you to purchase a product in one unit of measure (ie: Box of 100) and sell it in a different unit of measure (ie: Each). The cost will be automatically calculated by the system.
- Kitrend Stock Work Order: You can now create a Work Order for items produced for stock. Therefore, if you are filling gasses, the Stock Work Order can be used to deplete your Bulk Gases and add the filled cylinder to your inventory.
- Create PDF Reports: Create any report from the Gastrend software in a PDF format for viewing with Adobe Acrobat Reader or for emailing purposes
- Fax & Email all Forms: Now you can fax or email your Gas/Product Invoices, Cylinder Rental Invoices, Lease Invoices, Statements, Purchase Orders and Quotations directly from the server. The savings in stamps and manpower is enormous not to mention that you get your invoices to your customer faster and get paid sooner.
- Detailed General Ledger Inquiry: You can now view on the screen or print all the transactions that went through for a given General Ledger Account. This can save a tremendous amount of time when your auditors ask to see the details of a specific G/L.
- Inventory Report Sorted by Turns: This option will let you know the products that turn the most and the ones that do not. This allows you to act on your dead stock.
- Accounts Payable Trial Balance for Specific Days: The Accounts Payable Trial Balance will now print only the invoices over a specific number of days. Therefore, you can only see the invoices that are payable over 45 days. The number of days is selected by the user at time of printing the report.
- Commission Paid on Paid Invoices: You can now control when commissions will be paid to the salesrep. The commission report will let you know if the customer has paid the invoice and the commission to the salesrep can be paid only after the customer pays you. You can also control commission based on a minimum profit. Therefore, if the salesrep sells below the minimum profit percent, he does not get paid any commission.
- Mobile Physical Inventory: A hand held computer can be used to take physical inventory using bar codes. This data can then be transferred to the server and inventory quantities can be adjusted.
- Invoices & Delivery Notes with Class & UN Number: Our forms print the Class and UN Number on the front of the form for each gas code to conform to new DOT specifications.
generate Purchase Orders for Gases: The system will select the gases
to be ordered based on Minimum Quantities you have indicated. This selection
will show you the last supplier you purchased this gas from and their
cost to you. Once selected, a Purchase Order will be automatically generated
for the selected supplier.
GL Journals: The user may now reprint a journal from history, whether
it is a sales journal or a cash receipts journal or an Accounts Payable
journal. The user may indicate the specific journal entry number they
wish to reprint and the system will reprint the original journal. The
user may also enter a specific General Ledger number and the system
will print the invoice numbers or check numbers and customer or supplier
that the General Ledger has affected.
- Fax Gas/Product
Invoices, Rental Invoices, Lease Invoices, Statements, Purchase Orders
and Quotations directly from system: Customers can now purchase VSIFAXTM a UNIX based fax
software package that will allow you to fax purchase orders, quotes,
statements, invoices and orders directly from the TRENDEX software.
This software also allows the user to view a log of the fax transmissions
on a PC. Trendex has recently modified this module to allow users to
fax invoices, statements, etc as a batch and not individually. At the
time of the invoice print, the system will verify the customers and
if coded to fax the invoices, the system will fax one copy and print
another copy for your records. The option can only be used if the forms
are printed through Unform, the laser forms option.
You may now post Cash Receipts
automatically to the oldest
customer accounts as
well as go back and
to your Cash Receipts.
Receivable and Accounts
in different currencies can
be kept in separate General Ledger
you know at
any given time what your
your Pesos accounts receivable/
A new program has been developed
to facilitate the entry of Bar Codes
You can now track the number of sales
calls your salesrep made as well as
indicate potential monthly sales per
customer. Reports will indicate if the
potential sales per customer is being
met for this year as well as comparisons
with last year.
A new report will give you the sales by
gases ranked by dollars or volume.
Return of Merchandise can be done
in the Counter Sales Module. Therefore,
the client can return one item and buy a
replacement item on the same invoice
at the counter.
The user can call up an old quotation in
the Quotation Module and create a
new quote for the same customer or
another customer automatically.
For Laser Form users, the Delivery
Note, Invoice or Counter Sale Invoice
will use the complete form for products,
if there are only products on the order,
or use the complete form for gases,
if there are only gases on the order.
This eliminates the wastage of a
second page on a long order.
Gastrend is now trilingual (English,
Accounts Receivable Multi-Currency
capability allows creating invoice in
customer's currency and updating your
accounting in your currency. Therefore,
invoice can be generated in Pesos,
Hazmat charge on Cylinder
Printed forms on blank paper with your company Logo & address and now the
Customer's Part Number or your Part
Number in the form of a Bar Code.
Selling price can be updated automatically
if your costs have changed at time of
Purchase Order entry or Reception based
on preset profit margins. Goods can be
received using Bar Codes. Cash Sales
can be done using a Bar Code Reader.
Physical Inventory can be taken with a
Bar Code Reader. System can read the supplier's preprinted bar code or your bar
code printed on your printer. Your
can receive goods into his
scanning Bar Codes.